Visit a quiet town in the Peruvian desert at night searching for spirits and taking photos, then sharing these pictures with locals who tell improvised stories about them. This game is based on time I spent with a brujo (sorcerer) in the desert suburb of Cachiche, a town that was founded by witches during the Peruvian Inquisition. Here descendants of witches still live and continue to practice traditional healing and fortune-telling.
- Explore a 3D world with ambient sounds, voices and textures from the Peruvian desert, a living environment at night.
- Use your photography as a means of conversing with non-player characters, revealing what they see as well as what they imagine.
- See yourself as an outsider, lurking in alleys, eavesdropping on conversations, going where you're not supposed to go.
- Watch the forces of tourism at work and the conflicts rumbling beneath the surface of a small town.
- Discover that your camera is not just a passive recorder, but that its act of observation can change the environment.
- Complete progressively more abstract quests and delusional journal entries.
- Export and share your photos.
- OS: WindowsXP SP2 or higher
- Processor: 1.80GHz Processor
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: Video card with 512MB of VRAM
- Storage: 500 MB available space
1,000 Heads Among the Trees
- Activation: Steam key
- Developer: Aaron Oldenburg
- Languages: English
- Release Date: December 11, 2015
- Publisher: KISS ltd